Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Cloak I Made!

I've been working hard. Without a pattern, I'm bound to run into a few errors and roadblocks. But, with determination, I have been thinking how to make a cloak and succeeded! I had to add a few things, and all that fun stuff, but here it is!
Here's the rough draft I've drawn. It's the picture I had in my head and I just had to get it down on paper. 

Here's the "pattern" I've gone of of. A lady I met about a month ago told me how she made her daughers' cloaks. I instantly fell in love with them when I saw her daughters wearing them.  She said this was what she used, so I drew it, yet again, so I wouldn't forget.

Oh, some advice, if you want it flowing out in the front, try to make it flowier in the front. And, also, when making the "hoodie" part, add an extra 12ish inches. That way, it will give you enough headroom.



 Here are the products I'm using:
Black Fleece
Purple "silky" Fabric
Purple Ribbon (I wanted the ribbon a little thicker, but Walmart didn't have any. :/  )
Black Cord


Here, you can see the "Pattern" I've drawn out. I would suggest using chalk, but I didn't have any.
I've folded it over and pinned it together so I make 2 equal pieces.









Now, I've cut 7 different triangles. 3 smaller ones for each side and 1 very big one for the middle.



Now is when you'll want to cut the black piece. Cut just straight up lines. Then sew in the purple. I also had to add 2 extra panels in at this time.


When you're at the end, add the ribbon!


I've had to add buttons there in the front, to keep the 2 extra panels down.

No comments:

Post a Comment